Thank you for visiting and we welcome you to our online store. We are always adding many more products and brands. If you cannot find the product, brand, or part for your vehicle, email us for pricing and availability email@example.com Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, make/model/year/engine, and part you are searching for. We only ship within the continental United States.
Call for best price! 972-602-9484
Company: ENKEI International Inc. Company Experience:
Aluminum wheel and related business
Manufacturing and sales of aluminum casted products
Motorcycle and automobile wheels
Aluminum casting products for motorcycles, automobiles and boats
1. WHY ENKEI WHEELS? Custom Aftermarket wheels are as much a part of who we are as the clothes we wear, the vehicles we drive and of course the performance that we expect. ENKEI wheels deliver the latest in wheel designs, composite alloy technology such as, casting/forged processes, rigid testing that must pass stringent JGTC Standards and unsurpassed manufacturing facilities. Enkei is dedicated to perfection and delivers the best in aftermarket wheels.
2. WHEN WAS ENKEI ESTABLISHED? Enkei Corporation was founded on October 5, 1950, in Hamamatsu, Japan as a manufacturer of aluminum cast engine parts for motorcycles. Today the company is a global corporation of approximately 4,500 employees headed by Mr. Junichi Suzuki, son of the original founder of Enkei. Enkei's line of business is very diversified, but their core business is the manufacturing of aluminum wheels for automobiles, motorcycles and other products utilizing aluminum casting and forging technology. The Enkei group is commercially active in Asia, North America, Latin America, and Europe and has factories in Japan, Southeast Asia, and the United States of America. Their business in the aluminum wheel industry ranges from very sophisticated racing wheels for Formula One, Rally and many other race divisions worldwide, to the OEM market that supplies some the largest auto and motorcycle manufacturers such as Toyota, Honda and North America’s General Motors.
3. WHAT COMPANIES RELY ON ENKEI'S QUALITY MANUFACTURING STANDARDS? A. ENKEI supplies the following companies as Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM): Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki, Mazda, Toyota, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Nissan, NISMO, GM Holden, General Motors and Ford. B. ENKEI is Official Supplier in the following racing Series: • FIA Formula One (F1): McLaren Mercedes • FIA World Rally championship (WRC): Mitsubishi Ralliart • All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship (JGTC) GT 500 Class and GT 300 Class • Super Taikyu – Endurance Series. Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and N+ • D1GP Drifting Championship and Formula Drift Championship. Team RS-R, Team TEIN and Vaughn Gittin “JR” Team FALKEN.
4. WHAT FACTORY CERTIFICATION DOES ENKEI ADHERE TO? International Organization for Standardization (North American standards) ISO9000 ISO/TS16949 ISO9001 Safety Standards: JWL-Japan Light Alloy Wheel (JWL) Standard for Passenger Cars. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport requires that aluminum wheels for passenger cars bearing certain plated numbers sold in Japan bear the JWL mark. The JWL mark can be displayed on wheels that have passed the standard through a self-certification system. JWL-T-Similarly, the ministry requires aluminum wheels for trucks and buses (with 1 and 4-number plates) to bear the JWL-T mark. Even if a vehicle is classified as a passenger car bearing certain plate numbers and is equipped with LT tires as standard equipment due to its GVW (gross vehicle weight), it must use aluminum wheels bearing the JWL-T mark. VIA-A third-party entity called the Vehicle Inspection Association verifies whether a product meets the requirements prescribed by the JWL or JWL-T standard. This association permits a product to bear a VIA mark if it passes rigorous quality and strength verification tests conducted in accordance with the JWL or JWL-T standard.
5. HOW ARE ENKEI WHEELS MANUFACTURED? 1-piece cast aluminum wheels. As the name implies a one-piece wheel is made of a single piece cast aluminum from A-356 grade aluminum. All ENKEI wheels are heat treated for maximum strength. ENKEI uses two different processes in manufacturing 1-piece cast aluminum wheels: A. MAP (Most Advanced Production) The basic casting method is Gravity Die Casting, using a 900 Tilt Pour process. Using a highly automated system, each process is connected in a single piece flow system that transports wheels from the melting process, through Heat Treatment and on to machining processes. B. MAT Most Advanced Technology MAT is a new technology for producing an aluminum wheel, that is a combination of MAP and Flow-Forming forging technology. ENKEI applies MAT to High Performance aftermarket wheels and special Performance components of Original Equipment (OE) customers, such as 2003 Mitsubishi EVOVIII and 2004 Acura TL Limited.
6.WHY MAT? A.The M.A.T process has a drastic impact on the micro structure of aluminum and result in outstanding improvement of the mechanical property of the material. The process of spinning the rim allows a Metal Flow in the rim part, which resemble the property obtained from forging process. The control of the metal flow in the rim section result in finer and more even aluminum structure. B. In the past decade wheels and tires are getting larger, so in order to reduce weight under a vehicle's suspension, it is important to reduce the wheel weight. The M.A.T process improves the mechanical property of the rim section by shaving the rim's thickness and therefore reducing wheel weight. This latest manufacturing technology and wheel engineering is a direct transfer from racing technology. C. The process to manufacture forged wheels and the material necessary to produce them are expensive to manufacture. Many end users understand the benefits of the forged wheels but they cannot afford the high cost of these wheels. ENKEI's new generation of light weight forged wheels, made with the M.A.T Process, achieves light weight, strong and anti-flex properties while keeping the cost accessible to the end user. The high performance properties and the reasonable cost is a very important benefit of the MAT wheel D. The weakest point of forged wheels is the fact that it limits the freedom of design. ENKEI has years of experience developing light-weight cast wheels using Its high-tech casting technology, MAP. Combining Enkei's high-tech casting technology with the new M.A.T Process, Enkei develops new products with similar performance to forged wheels without the limitation of design.
2-piece - 2-piece wheels are made from a cast center welded into a spun forged barrel. This type of wheel comes in a variety of offsets and finishes. 3-piece – 3 piece wheels are made from a cast center and 2 sections of the rim assemble with bolts. This type of wheels comes in a variety of offsets and finishes. Aluminum Forged wheels - One of the most advanced methods of manufacturing wheels today. Forging compresses the blank wheel by using millions of pounds of pressure. The result is a wheel that is much stronger and lighter than a standard cast aluminum wheel. Enkei use this process to manufacture the Truck/SUV styles F5 and F6. Racing Wheels – Forged Magnesium, forged aluminum and MAT. These wheels are available on a limited basis to supply ENKEI racing activities in the highest level of auto and motorcycle racing around the world.
7. WHAT WHEEL FINISHES ARE OFFERED BY ENKEI? Hyper silver, silver, gold, chrome, anthracite and SBC (Super Bright coating).
*Please visit Enkei's website for this information and more